|Quantity||1 - 9||10 - 49||50+|
|Per Hour and Minute Hand Set|
Wish Lists you can share, Faster Ordering and More! Some great features to make shopping easier.See more benefits of Registering
Our large silver clock hands offer the clock maker a wonderful option when building a large wall clock. Select these hands with one of our high torque movement and you will have a clock making kit for a large wall clock. These hands would be appropriate for clock faces ranging from 29 inches to 34 inches. Please also be aware that the minute hand is balanced. Therefore, if you are going to trim the hand to fit a particular dial face it must keep its balanced attribute.
Tips for making larger wall clocks:
1. Second hands not included - we don't recommend second hands with high torque movements as they draw too much power.
2. Still want a second hand? - choose our balanced 10 inch red or black second hands that work with our Continuous Sweep High Torque Motors.
3. High Torque Clock Movements to drive hands larger than 5 inches are sold separately. Click here for the selection.
If you are going to trim the hand to fit a particular size clock dial, the minute hand must remain balanced. Normally people just glue the material removed right under where it was cut from. You can check the balance of any minute hand just by placing the mounting hole on your fingertip. If it lays there flat then it’s balanced, but if it falls off your fingertip, it’s not properly balanced.
How do I choose the right size clock motor & hands?
2) The size of hands is based on the length of the minute hand from the mounting hole to the end of the minute hand. (Figures 3 & 4)
3) Our clock motors are sized by the thickness of the dial the movements can go through. EG. High torque Q-64 will go through up to 5/8" thick material, while standard/mini motor Q-65 will go through 3/8" thick clock faces. (Figure 1 and item "A" in Figure 2)
Tip 1) If your material is too thick, consider removing some to in-set the clock. Or if your clock face material is too thin, consider adding some material behind the face so the hands will sit closer to your clock face.
Tip 2) Most hands can be slightly trimmed if need be.
Tip 3) Our customers also spray paint them.
If you don't have your clock motor yet...
Click here to Choose Suitable High Torque Clock Motors that work with these hands.
Use the table above to know your price and when discounts apply. Eg. Sawtooth Picture Hangers are sold "Per Bag of 100." If you Add "1" to the Cart you will get a bag of 100. Discounts will follow the pricing table.