Grandpa Chair - Adirondack Chair Woodworking Pattern
Muskoka Chair Plan - Autocad Size Instant Downloadable Plans
NOTE: The instructions will print to letter size paper and the Templates will print to CAD - so email the file to your local print shop (or save it to a memory stick and take it to them).
The link to instantly download your woodworking plans will be in your emailed receipt after making your purchase.
The Downloadable Adirondack Chair Plan includes:
- Part sizes in standard and metric dimensions
- Assembly instructions with matching step-by-step color photos & amp
- Parts pictures.
- The CAD generated PDF will print full size patterns on any plotter at your local print shop. Simply email the PDF to your printer or drop off a memory stick and pick them up.
- Your files will appear immediately after payment, with no shipping costs or wait time.
- CAD size templates are included with the downloadable instructions.
- Please check your email, spam, and trash for your instructions within twelve hours of payment.
- Dimensions - 34 1/2" width x 36" diameter x 46" height (87.7cm width x 91.5cm diameter x 116.8cm height)
- Check out all Barley Harvest Plans available at Bear Woods Supply.
- You might also be interested in some of our other plans and patterns including Charles Dearing scroll saw patterns and Toys and Joys plans. You can check them all out here.
- Join us on Facebook by searching Bear Woods Supply. We would love to see you join our family and the woodworking community we are so privileged to be a part of!
Please Note: These CAD files are security protected and can only be printed. They cannot be converted to DWG or DXF format. DWG & DXF plans for CNC routers are available in Phil Barley's shop.
A Note From the Author, Phil Barley:
After selling my regular adult Adirondack chair plan internationally for 10 years with great success, my Customers asked for a chair that is easier to get out of.
I went through a lot of wood, and made a lot of kindling for the fireplace, designing the new Grandpa Chair. It was important to keep the curved back and seat, keeping the same basic design in mind, but raise the chair. The seat is shorter and the back more upright but still allows you to rest your head and have a snooze.
After testing out the first version with a group of poker buddies, it was a consensus that it needed to be wider as well, for us older pirates with sunken chests! The Grandpa Chair has 21" (53.4 cm) seat slats, 2" (5.1 cm) wider than the regular chair. Grandma is 5' 2" (157.5 cm), and can touch the ground flat footed. The seat height is regular chair height of 17 1/2" (44.5 cm). I have extended the height of the original back, so that taller people can rest their head. I have also kept the curved back seat slat , to match the curve of the back slats. This eliminates the "butt-bite", of the original design, caused by the space left between the back slats and the last seat slat. The arms are still 7 1/2" (19cm) wide , but shorter, and will hold a dinner plate or magazine, and comfortably rest your arms with coffee in hand.
Plans also include pictures and dimensions of the taper sled I use on my table saw, to cut the back slats and back support pieces. The chair is totally constructed of 3/4" (1.9cm) pine, but can be made with cedar fence boards. Some of my Customers have used 1" (2.54cm) to 1 1/2" (3.8cm) stock for the legs and arms.
Download your plans right away! Click the link on the Thank You Page after your purchase completes, or Click the Name of the Woodworking Pattern in your Receipt email from Bear Woods Supply.
For plans ending in AC for AutoCad - take the file to your print shop or email it to them for full-size printing.