Learn how to assemble clock hands to our quartz clock movements. Plus some tips and troubleshooting ideas.
These basic instructions work for all of our quartz clock movements.
Step by Step Clock Hands Mounting Instructions
1. Drill a 3/8 inch hole through the material you are working with and insert the movement.
2. Slide brass washer over shaft.
3. Attach dial mounting hex nut.
4. Gently press hour hand onto shaft at 12:00 position.
5. Place minute hand over shaft at 12:00 position.
6. Gently screw minute nut in place.
7. Press on second hand at 12:00 position.
7. b) If you did not receive a second hand (such as with High Torque Movement) then you will install the end cap instead of the minute hand nut and second hand.
8. Install a Fresh Duracell or Energizer Battery - in our experience no other brands are reliable with any of our clock movements.
Clock Parts Troubleshooting
1) First, and this is almost always the culprit - install a fresh, brand-new Duracell or Energizer battery that is NOT a rechargeable type. We almost never have a faulty clock part, so we always ask that this be checked first.
2) Second, check that your battery connection is firm. The battery shouldn't wiggle at all when in place.
3) Third, make sure your clock hands don't touch at all when they move around. Any rubbing can slow them or move them improperly.
4) Fourth, if you are using a pendulum, the pendulum swing mechanism has to be completely perpendicular to your wall. The pendulum action is based on momentum, not on the battery. We haven't had to replace a movement because of a faulty pendulum. We're here to help! So just ask if any of these tips don't quite work.
Use the table above to know your price and when discounts apply. Eg. Sawtooth Picture Hangers are sold "Per Bag of 100." If you Add "1" to the Cart you will get a bag of 100. Discounts will follow the pricing table.
Wish Lists you can share, Faster Ordering and More! Some great features to make shopping easier.