|Quantity||1 - 9||10 - 49||50+|
|Per Hour and Minute Hand Set|
Wish Lists you can share, Faster Ordering and More! Some great features to make shopping easier.See more benefits of Registering
This spade style clock hand is modern yet sophisticated. Our steel clock hands for high torque motors can be spray painted different colors, and trimmed as long as you keep them balanced.
Tips for making larger wall clocks:
1. Second hands not included - we don't recommend second hands with high torque movements as they draw too much power.
2. Still want a second hand? - choose our balanced 10 inch red or black second hands that work with our Continuous Sweep High Torque Motors.
3. Scroll down to choose a movement to go with your hands. Or, click here
4. The length refers to the minute hand, measured from the center of the hole to the tip of the hand. Hour hand is proportionate.
If you are going to trim the hand to fit a particular size clock dial, the minute hand must remain balanced. Normally people just glue the material removed right under where it was cut from. You can check the balance of any minute hand just by placing the mounting hole on your fingertip. If it lays there flat then it’s balanced, but if it falls off your fingertip, it’s not properly balanced.
Not sure what parts would work best for your project? Click here to learn how to choose the right parts.
How do I choose the right size clock motor & hands?
2) The size of hands is based on the length of the minute hand from the mounting hole to the end of the minute hand. (Figures 3 & 4)
3) Our clock motors are sized by the thickness of the dial the movements can go through. EG. High torque Q-64 will go through up to 5/8" thick material, while standard/mini motor Q-65 will go through 3/8" thick clock faces. (Figure 1 and item "A" in Figure 2)
Tip 1) If your material is too thick, consider removing some to in-set the clock. Or if your clock face material is too thin, consider adding some material behind the face so the hands will sit closer to your clock face.
Tip 2) Most hands can be slightly trimmed if need be.
Tip 3) Our customers also spray paint them.
If you don't have your clock motor yet...
Click here to Choose Suitable High Torque Clock Motors that work with these hands.
Use the table above to know your price and when discounts apply. Eg. Sawtooth Picture Hangers are sold "Per Bag of 100." If you Add "1" to the Cart you will get a bag of 100. Discounts will follow the pricing table.