*Yes, you can change your mind! We will simply refund your purchase if you contact us and choose not to purchase. The pre-order just ensures you will be one of the first to get a saw from the first shipment into North America.
The Pégas® Scroll Band Saw is a precision machine using Pégas® Scroll Band saw blades, the finest and most accurate blades ever produced. This unique and innovative concept is intended for informed users, from hobbyists to skilled professionals.
- Cast-iron frame for higher longevity and stability
- Balanced aluminium wheels to avoid vibrations
- 2 speeds
- Blade protection guard
- A safety switch system prevents machine operation with open doors and quickly interrupts the machine if the doors are opened during operation
- The cast-iron table, with a 40° tilting capability, is coated with wear-proof and release coating
- The suction system is placed directly under the work table in order to achieve optimal efficiency
- The equipment has been certified CE by TÜV Rheinland
Machine developed in Switzerland - made in Taiwan to Pegas specifications and quality requirements.
The machine is delivered with :
- 1 blade #9 + 1 blade #12
- Top and bottom Pégas® Precision blade guides, including appropriate ball-bearings for #9 and #12 blades
- 1 stand of 580 mm in height and a base dimension of 525 x 575 mm
- LED light
- Instruction manual in 4 languages D/F/GB/SP
Band Saw Blades in addition to those included will be coming soon and available to purchase from Bear Woods Supply. Check back for details as the saw delivery date comes closer!
THE PÉGAS® PRECISION GUIDING SYSTEM
The Pégas® guiding system is required whilst using Pégas® scroll band saw blades. The blade will be guided accurately for high-performance, sustainable sawing results.
The top and bottom guides consist of a CNC-machined aluminium block and a special ball-bearing guide, featuring grooves along which the blade is guided above and beneath the table. Such high-precision guiding allows for the sawing of very complex shapes, curves and radiuses.
The ball-bearings delivered with the machine feature two grooves of different dimensions, one being appropriate for blade #9, and the other for blade #12.
Other ball-bearings are offered optionally for optimal guiding of the various Pégas® Scroll Band saw blades:
- Part numbers coming soon Ball-bearing for no. 5 blades
- Coming Soon Ball-bearing for no. 7 blades
- Coming Soon Ball-bearing for no. 9 blades
- Coming Soon Ball-bearing for no. 11 and 12 blades
- Coming Soon Ball-bearing for no. 14 blades
2 year parts warranty.
Service directly from the manufacturer via their office in New Jersey, USA. Need support on the saw? We'll provide you with contact information to speak to trained service staff who also has the support of a highly trained technician. From time to time a part will need servicing beyond what we can help with by phone and sending parts. In those cases, we'll arrange for the saw to be sent to New Jersey.