Choose Starbond Glue or a Pre-assembled Kit:
- SBP-1502 — 2oz Starbond Multi-Purpose Medium CA Glue
- SBP-A6 — 6oz Starbond Aerosol Accelerator
Starbond EM-150 Medium CA Glue is a medium-viscosity, multi-purpose, instant adhesive. With an oil-like consistency, this glue has properties of both our thin CA and thick CA products, making it ideal for filling small gaps, penetrating narrow slots, bonding close-fitting parts, and creating high-gloss finishes on wood. This CA wood finishing is accomplished by applying multiple coats, sanding, then polishing to a high shine! This versatile adhesive is used in woodturning, guitar repair, and pen making, to name but a few applications. Used by everyone from lapidaries to taxidermists, this glue should be kept on hand for all your small household repairs!
Professional Tip: When bonding two smooth surfaces, be sure to lightly sand, or otherwise make them scuffed or more abrasive – the glue will have more surface area to adhere to, and therefore more holding strength!
Use Starbond EM-150 Medium CA Glue to:
- Bond harder wood, like basswood and spruce
- Treat cracked stones and gems
- Bond loosely fitted soft woods and balsa joints
- Build hobby models such as planes, cars, and boats
- Bond RC car tires
- Place and repair car trim and molding
- Make pens and turn wood
- Form a high-gloss polish on stones and petrified wood
- Bond fiberglass to a variety of materials
- Repair marble, granite, and quartz
- Glue and repair guitar inlays on the body, headstock and fretboard
- Work with taxidermy
For Use On:
- Rocks & Minerals
- Carbon fiber
- PVC & Most Plastics
Starbond Aerosol Accelerator:
Starbond Super Glue Aerosol Accelerator is used to significantly speed up the drying time of cyanoacrylate super glues. Also known as a CA glue “activator”, this accelerant is solvent-based, and can be applied before and/or after the glue application. Commonly paired with slower-drying, thicker viscosity adhesives and black CA glue, Starbond Super Glue Accelerator is also helpful when priming uneven surfaces. It’s ideal for material combinations that are harder to bond and for colder, drier environments that delay curing time. Our aerosol cans deliver a finely compressed mist and are perfect for the infrequent user, as the acetone in the product does not escape the bottle organically.
- When using higher volumes of CA glue to fill gaps, bonding times may increase – use of Starbond Super Glue Accelerator is highly recommended.
- Starbond Super Glue Accelerator can also be used to enhance joint strength, when used to cure excess adhesive that results from joints being pressed together.
- Uniquely formulated to dry slightly slower than other similar products on the market, Starbond Super Glue Accelerator prevents “hazing” or whitening that may occur when super glues dry too fast.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including N, N-Dimethyl-p-Toluidine. For more information, please visit: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.