Join Steve Good, Charles Dearing, Wes Balko and the Bear Woods team at the Midwest Scroll Saw & Woodworking Trade Show - August 3 & 4.
PLUS We will stream LIVE from the show on Facebook ALL WEEKEND. Follow https://www.facebook.com/BearWoodSupply to make sure you get notified when we have new events or are showing LIVE videos of woodworking.
Meet Steve Good of the Scroll Saw Workshop. Meet Coach Wesley Balko of Scroll Saw Cafe, Analies Fraser of Bear Woods and Charles Dearing - Renowned Portrait Scroller Meet Rick Brunner of Rick's Trucks - A woodworker supported by Bear Woods Gives.
About the ShowWhere? Dubuque Iowa, at the County Fairgrounds
When? Friday, August 3rd 9am to 5pm and Saturday, August 4 9am to 3:30pm
Why? To learn new skills, and meet some great people.
Have you had a chance to talk shop with Steve yet, here it is. Many of you watched on Facebook as Analies Fraser scrolled her first piece - a Charles Dearing pattern of a ship made for her father. Analies will be scrolling again.
Bear Woods Supply on Facebook will be streaming live all weekend so you can tune into the action.
Shop for: Scroll Saw Blades, Pegas Blade Clamps, and Clock Parts at the Bear Woods booth as well.
Live Streaming As Mike Works on Bear Woods Facebook Page from the AWC Woods Workshop
Both RAPID Videos of all models as Mike goes and full chapters taken from the live stream.
About Mike Holden and this unprecedented project. 30 Models. 34 Days. 1 Woodworker
1) Mike has been woodworking since he was 12 years old. His first power tool was a scroll saw. He has been hooked ever since.
2) Mike is a full time woodworker, and previously was a finishing carpenter and long haul truck driver.
3) Mike has donated over 12000 toys to local charities over the past few years. This year will be 4000 small wooden cars!
4) The 30 models will be displayed at The Bascom: Center for the visual arts in Highland, North Carolina http://www.thebascom.org/
5) When? Father's Day Week. Starting June 9.
6) Yes! You can purchase the models after the show, or you can send Mike a request. His website is www.awcwoods.com Visit for more examples of Mike's work, and the types of wooden models he makes and sells. You can also find him on Facebook.
7) Bear Woods has partnered with Mike on this adventure, both to help financially (parts and patterns to do this many projects really adds up), and to help bring exposure to this awesome project.
8) Watch - LIVE on Facebook. RECORDED on Facebook at Bear Woods Supply. PLUS we will publish 10x speed videos for faster viewing. And then later on we will share recorded videos of most of the patterns being made into wooden models.
Past woodworking shows:
Bear Woods Booth Schedule of Events will Feature:
1) Live Scroll Saw Demonstrations from Steve Good, Charles Dearing and Wesley Balko
2) Clock Making Demonstrations
3) Learn from Steve Good - Designing Portrait patterns on your iPad
Steve Good is the leading educator on the topic of scroll sawing, creating free patterns almost daily as part of his blog. Steve is an absolutely fantastic guy, and he will be excited to spend some time with you. Click here to visit the Scrollsaw Workshop. Sign-up for the daily blog for advice, patterns and more!
Charles Dearing is widely considered one of the very best scroll saw portrait designers in the world. You can find his patterns for sale here at Bear Woods Supply (Links below)
Find Wesley Balko scrolling live on Facebook in the fantastic group "Scroll Saw Cafe" (new members welcome). He is a fantastic scroll saw artist and a great educator. He is on Facebook at his page "Scroll Saw Cafe" as well. Check him out!
1pm Charles Dearing Live Cutting - Complex Patterns featuring a clock with Pegas Spiral Blades
3pm Wesley Balko Live - Simple Scroll Saw Clock Patterns with Pegas Modified Geometry Blades
5 pm Analies Fraser of Bear Woods Supply first time with a scroll saw - straight Modified Geometry Pegas Blades. Featuring a Charles Dearing Pattern. Teaching from Wesley Balko
Saturday April 14
10am Steve Good Demo
11am Wesley Balko Live Cutting - Complex Pattern
1pm Charles Dearing - Live Cutting - Simple Patterns
2pm Steve Good Breakout Session with Scroll Saw Splinter Group
3pm Analies Fraser continuing on the Scroll Saw with Charles Dearing teaching her to use Spiral Blades from Pegas.
5pm Charles Dearing Live Cutting - Complex Pattern continues
11 am Steve Good Demo
12 pm Wesley continues Live Cutting
2 pm Analies continues live cutting
3 pm Charles continues live cutting
Use the table above to know your price and when discounts apply. Eg. Sawtooth Picture Hangers are sold "Per Bag of 100." If you Add "1" to the Cart you will get a bag of 100. Discounts will follow the pricing table.
Wish Lists you can share, Faster Ordering and More! Some great features to make shopping easier.