About Mike Holden and this unprecedented project. 30 Models. 34 Days. 1 Woodworker
1) Mike has been woodworking since he was 12 years old. His first power tool was a scroll saw. He has been hooked ever since.
2) Mike is a full time woodworker, and previously was a finishing carpenter and long haul truck driver.
3) Mike has donated over 12000 toys to local charities over the past few years. This year will be 4000 small wooden cars!
4) The 30 models will be displayed at The Bascom: Center for the visual arts in Highland, North Carolina http://www.thebascom.org/
5) When? Father's Day Week. Starting June 9.
6) Yes! You can purchase the models after the show, or you can send Mike a request. His website is www.awcwoods.com Visit for more examples of Mike's work, and the types of wooden models he makes and sells. You can also find him on Facebook.
7) Bear Woods has partnered with Mike on this adventure, both to help financially (parts and patterns to do this many projects really adds up), and to help bring exposure to this awesome project.
8) Watch - LIVE on Facebook. RECORDED on Facebook at Bear Woods Supply. PLUS we will publish 10x speed videos for faster viewing. And then later on we will share recorded videos of most of the patterns being made into wooden models.
Past woodworking shows:
Bear Woods Booth Schedule of Events will Feature:
1) Live Scroll Saw Demonstrations from Steve Good, Charles Dearing and Wesley Balko
2) Clock Making Demonstrations
3) Learn from Steve Good - Designing Portrait patterns on your iPad
Schedule of demos is listed below
Houston Woodworking Show Details:
CROWN PLAZA- NORTHWEST/BROOKHOLLOW
12801 Northwest Freeway (Hwy 290 N)
Houston, TX 77040
(EXIT Bingle/Pinemont From Either Direction)
|Friday April 13
|Saturday April 14
||10 am - 6 pm
|Sunday April 15
||11 am - 4 pm
|More about the show.
Steve Good is the leading educator on the topic of scroll sawing, creating free patterns almost daily as part of his blog. Steve is an absolutely fantastic guy, and he will be excited to spend some time with you. Click here to visit the Scrollsaw Workshop. Sign-up for the daily blog for advice, patterns and more!
Charles Dearing is widely considered one of the very best scroll saw portrait designers in the world. You can find his patterns for sale here at Bear Woods Supply (Links below)
Find Wesley Balko scrolling live on Facebook in the fantastic group "Scroll Saw & Wood Projects" (new members welcome). He is a fantastic scroll saw artist and a great educator. He is on Facebook at his page "Scroll Saw Cafe" as well. Check him out!
Join Facebook Groups for ideas, to show your work, and to ask questions. Here's three that many of our customers enjoy: Making and Painting Clocks! | Wooden Toys and Models | Scroll Saw & Wood Projects
|Here's what's happening at the Bear Woods Booth
|Friday, April 13
||12pm Steve Good Demo
1pm Charles Dearing Live Cutting - Complex Patterns featuring a clock with Pegas Spiral Blades
3pm Wesley Balko Live - Simple Scroll Saw Clock Patterns with Pegas Modified Geometry Blades
5 pm Analies Fraser of Bear Woods Supply first time with a scroll saw - straight Modified Geometry Pegas Blades. Featuring a Charles Dearing Pattern. Teaching from Wesley Balko
|Saturday April 14
||10am Steve Good Demo
11am Wesley Balko Live Cutting - Complex Pattern
1pm Charles Dearing - Live Cutting - Simple Patterns
2pm Steve Good Breakout Session with Scroll Saw Splinter Group
3pm Analies Fraser continuing on the Scroll Saw with Charles Dearing teaching her to use Spiral Blades from Pegas.
5pm Charles Dearing Live Cutting - Complex Pattern continues
|11 am Steve Good Demo
12 pm Wesley continues Live Cutting
2 pm Analies continues live cutting
3 pm Charles continues live cutting