About Steve Good and the Scroll Saw Workshop
Steve’s interest in woodworking began in boyhood when he watched Norm Abram and the New Yankee Workshop on television. Purchasing equipment as finances permitted, he began to establish his own home shop over the years and become quite the expert with the scroll saw.
Steve possesses endless creativity for designing and producing scroll saw patterns. After he mastered the art of designing on the computer, he was able to ramp up his pattern stock. Once he has decided on a pattern, he can usually produce it within three hours, considerably faster than drawing them by hand.
You might be hard-pressed to find someone who enjoys his vocation as much as Steve Good. Since he began his blog in 2007, it has only grown and become more popular. In 2016, Steve won the “Best Plans & Projects Blog” category in the Woodworkers Guild Of America Blogger Awards. Even other woodworking bloggers love Steve Good’s Scrollsaw Workshop blog site.
For several years now Steve has given scroll saw patterns away for free. And here is great milestone – Steve’s blog has now surpassed 50 million downloads of free scroll saw patterns. You can also purchase some plans and his entire catalogue on CD.
How to Shop for Scroll Saw Blades
With Steve Good’s expertise with the scroll saw, you might wonder if he has a favorite brand of blades. In fact, he does. He produced an excellent product review for blades which you can see here. The bottom line is that Steve prefers the Pegas® brand of scroll saw blades which he buys from Bear Woods Supply Company. These excellent Swiss-made blades hold up under extended use because Pegas® uses high-carbon steel and a proven manufacturing process that creates sharp, precise blades. Once cut, the blades undergo heat treatment to temper them to superior hardness.
If you’re looking for great Pegas® scroll saw blades, here’s the best way to make your selections:
- Click on the Bear Woods Scroll Saw Blades page.
- Scroll down to see the selection of blades. We’ve added a summary for each type beneath the photos.
- By clicking on a feature or the photo, you’ll link to a page with more details.
- From one of the detail pages, choose your blades and your quantities, then add them to your shopping cart, which you will find in the upper right-hand corner of the page. We offer Pegas® blades by the dozen or the gross.
- Checking out online is quick and secure with Visa, Mastercard or PayPal. Alternatively, you can call 800-565-5066 to check out by phone instead. We would be happy to answer any of your questions before your purchase if you call the number.
Bear Woods Supply Company partners with Steve Good and his blog site. You’ll find a link to our store when you visit Steve’s site (we think he likes us). Share with us how you use our products, and you could be our next featured customer!