Our Clock Movement price includes free hands and mounting hardware plus a 3 year warranty on the clock mechanisms.
North American Made by TAKANE, the mini quartz clock mechanism is the standard in the industry. Great for the hobbyist or serious clock maker, our clock motors are absolutely reliable. They run on one 'AA' battery and are accurate to within two minutes a year. We stock six shaft lengths to accommodate clock dial thicknesses from 1/8" to 3/4' thick.
Our USA made standard clock motors will drive hands up to 4.5" long.
1) If you are using a glass or plastic cover over the movement, make sure you have at least 1/8" extra clearance as you will need room for the second hand. Our mini quartz clock mechanism fits a 3" hole if recessed.
2) Choose your movement based on the thickness of the clock dial/face that the hand shaft must go through. For example, if your piece of material is 1/4" thick, then choose Q-12 which is designed for a 1/4" thick clock face, leaving room for the mounting hardware.
3) Consider an upgrade to continuous sweep clock mechanisms, which run silently, or to a high torque movement which will drive clock hands up to 17-3/4" long.
Clock making can be great for art classes, school programs, and even birthday parties. Our customers make clocks with dials out of wood, compact discs, metals of all types, and much more.
1) MIX & MATCH between clock motor shaft lengths for best quantity discounts.
2) After choosing movements, make sure to select your free clock hands. We include an hour and minute hand, plus a second hand unless otherwise specified in the clock hands description.